J & C Well Drilling, Pump & Plumbing
317 - 416 - 1104
24 Hours 7 Days
|Well Chlorination Instructions
Well Chlorinatiom Instructions:
Add laundry bleach to well water to purify water
and household plumbing. Switch Softener to
bypass mode to Avoid damaging. Sample fresh
water after removing excess bleach from
1. Calculate amount of bleach to use. Figure 1
gallon of bleach for each 15ft of water in well
casing. If depth of water is unknown, use 5-8
gallons of bleach for first attempt. Increase
amount of bleach for other purifications.
2. Remove well cap and pour laundry bleach
into well. Hose the bleach into the well. Mix for
about 10 minutes if splashing is heard.
3. Cap the well. Allow 30 minutes for bleach
and water to mix. To treat your softener, contact
the dealer for instructions.
4. Open cold water faucets and shower heads.
Use cold water only. Turn off faucets and
shower heads when strong bleach smell comes
5. Leave strong bleach smell in plumbing for at
least 6 hours. Preferably 24.
6. Rinse all bleach from household plumbing
before sampling water. Use a swimming pool kit
7.Bleach sample point before sampling.
Immerse faucet inside and outside.
8. Rinse bleach from sampling point outlet. Run
water until fresh water flows from outlet. This
can take a while.
9. Collect sample per laboratory instructions.
|Owner, Office Manager
|J & C Well Drilling, Pump, & Plumbing
4402 .E. New York St. Indianapolis, Indiana 46201
J & C Provides this Service for a Fair price for
those Customers who do not have the time or
juast rather a Proffesional do it instead.